3/30/15

April 3, 2015 - Easter Day

GOOD FRIDAY

11:00 AM - The Celebration of the Lord’s Passion
Organ Prelude
Followed by a period of silence as the choir and ministers enter.

The Ministry of the Word (BAS)                                      pg. 308
The Collect of the Day

Hymn 386: When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

First Reading: Isaiah 52:13-53:12

Psalm 22 (1-17)
Refrain: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? and are so far from my cry and from the words of my distress? O my God, I cry in the daytime, but you do not answer; by night as well, but I find no rest. R Yet you are the Holy One, enthroned upon the praises of Israel. Our forefathers put their trust in you; they trusted, and you delivered them. R They cried out to you and were delivered; they trusted in you and were not put to shame.  But as for me, I am a worm and no man, scorned by all and despised by the people. R All who see me laugh me to scorn; they curl their lips and wag their heads, saying, "He trusted in the Lord; let him deliver him; let him rescue him, if he delights in him." R Yet you are he who took me out of the womb, and kept me safe upon my mother's breast.  I have been entrusted to you ever since I was born; you were my God when I was still in my mother's womb. R Be not far from me, for trouble is near, and there is none to help.  Many young bulls encircle me; strong bulls of Bashan surround me.  They open wide their jaws at me, like a ravening and a roaring lion. R I am poured out like water; all my bones are out of joint; my heart within my breast is melting wax.  My mouth is dried out like a pot-sherd; my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth; and you have laid me in the dust of the grave. R Packs of dogs close me in, and gangs of evildoers circle around me; they pierce my hands and my feet; I can count all my bones.  They stare and gloat over me; they divide my garments among them; they cast lots for my clothing. R
Refrain: My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Second Reading: Hebrews 10:16-25

Anthem: Crucified

The Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ according to Mark.
Mark 14:1 - 15:47
The Passion will be read in part
and the congregation can remain seated.

Hymn 191: To Mock your Reign

The Sermon: Archdeacon John Clarke

Meditation on the Cross          pg. 313

Hymn 198: O Sacred Head, Surrounded

The Solemn Intercession          pg. 309

Hymn 202: There is a Green Hill Far Away

The Lord’s Prayer          pg. 318

The Closing Prayer          pg. 320

There is no blessing or dismissal added to the service.  The ministers, choir and congregation leave in silence (unless they desire to remain in the Church for prayer).


No comments: